Everything you need to know about selling @ The Lidlington Car Boot Sale...
We advise sellers to arrive about 10:30-11:00am to get set up.
- No booking
- Bring your own tables
- Traders welcome
All professional traders must have liability insurance - please have policy details available on entry.
It is most important that you take your litter and unsold items home with you and leave your pitch as clean as when you arrived.
Security cameras are used on this site. Sellers vehicle registration numbers may also be recorded.
Warning to Sellers
Trading standards, customs officers and police visit this car boot sale regularly. The following items are NOT to be sold on this site:
Counterfeit DVD's | Guns, including Air Rifles | Wine and Spirits
Cigarettes and Tobacco | Stolen Goods | Knives | Fireworks
Counterfeit Clothing | Live Animals
You WILL be reported to the appropriate authority!
Food and drinks are ONLY to be sold by Authorised Sellers.
If in doubt, DON'T BRING IT!
If you have any other questions, please email us - we will be happy to help.
Tips for 1st Time Sellers...
Car Boot Sales are a great way to get rid of unwanted items, generate a little extra cash and meet new people so many find it an enjoyable day out for all the family. We have some useful tips for first time sellers to avoid some little mistakes that could end up spoiling your day.
Step 1: Loading your vehicle
- Do make sure you load your car safely, ensuring that you have good visability when driving.
- Do put your tables in the vehicle last - it is the first thing you will need when unpacking
- Do make sure your table is strong enough to hold your items
- Do be prepared for the weather and bring sunscreen/warm clothing/umbrellas
Step 2: Money
- Do bring float money in case you need to give change
- Do have your pitch money ready to pay on entry
- Do know how much you would like for each item
- Do be prepared to negotiate and Don’t drop your prices too early, dealers visit boot sales early but many more customers arrive later
Step 3: Arriving at the Car Boot Sale
- Do arrive early to get set up
- If there are early buyers and you do not feel ready to deal with them, lock your car and unpack when you are ready.
- Do keep valuable items on sale near you and in sight
- Do keep your takings and mobile phones on your person
- Do keep you car doors locked on the opposite side of your car if you have valuables inside.
- Don’t leave your radio on or leave car doors/boot open with your interior light on as you may experience a flat battery by the end of the day.
We hope you have an enjoyable day out and if you need any assistance on the day, please speak to one of our helpers.